Dona do Meu Fluxo | Guidelines for Voluntourism Applications
Raízes Sustainable Development together with Korui Life Cicles releases a call for the first edition of the Voluntourism Program for the DONA DO MEU FLUXO Project – Amazon Edition 2019.
The applications will be open from February 25th to March 31st 2019 (until 23:59 GMT-3).
Recruit and select 2 non-Brazilian volunteers for the 1st edition of the Voluntourism program on the project DONA DO MEU FLUXO – Amazon Edition. The project´s goal is to take workshops about female empowerment to the women from riverine communities and to donate menstrual cups. The trips will happen from June 29th to July 4th on the communities of Barcarena, Abaetetuba island and Cametá, with arrival and departure from Belém -PA and from July 4th to 11th on the communities of Marajó Island, also with arrival and departure from Belém. Each trip will have a spot available for 1 non-Brazilian volunteer.
Dona do Meu fluxo means “Owner of my own flow”, and the project began from a partnership between Raízes and Koruí, with the goal to donate menstrual cups to women, following Koruí’s company policy of donating 1 menstrual cup to each 10 sold. Beyond donating the cups, Koruí reached Raízes as a partner because it saw the necessity of making also a contextualization about the menstrual cup’s use, as well as deepening the understanding on themes such as the period, the women relationship with their own bodies, beauty patterns, society judgements, sorority and support networks. Only that way the menstrual cup would really make sense and could be adopted as a more practical, economic and ecological solution for these women lives. After the first edition on the Jequitinhonha Valley on Minas Gerais state we had the Natura´s support to take the action to the Amazon region and in 2018 we did an edition on this new context, contemplating riverine women. Thinking about expanding this transformative experience to more people we decided to open the opportunity for volunteers, who are aligned with the theme and fell the call to candidate and support the action.
We will recruit women from different areas to support the workshops about women empowerment. The agenda includes organizing the lectures, monitoring the activities, distributing the menstrual cups donated, registering the activities (taking pictures and videos), support, organizing the spaces, materials and snacks, taking signatures from the participants, clarifying questions and any other activity needed to make the workshops to happen.
This will be the third time that the project happens. The goal is to disseminate knowledge about the use of menstrual cups, women empowerment over its own body, including questions about sexuality, to riverine women. The 2019 edition will be on the Amazon region, focusing on riverine women from Pará state, expanding the project that began last year.
The workshops contemplate:
- Orientation about the menstrual cup use;
- Breaking the taboos about the menstrual cycle;
- Shortening the distance between these women and their own bodies (some haven’t been to school and never had anatomy classes);
- Showing the advantages of the menstrual cup use on the long term – for the body, the pocket and the environment;
- Talk about beauty patterns, social expectations and judgement, sexism, sorority and support networks;
- All of it on a light and practical way, showing videos, data, examples and a lot of interaction.
Articles about the Project can be found on this link: https://raizesds.com.br/?s=dona+do+meu+fluxo
- REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION / TARGET AUDIENCE
Voluntourism requires commitments and actions to be done according to the project’s goals. Beyond from what you like to do, it is important to “pack in your luggage” your skills and lots of disposition. It´s essential to verify the compatibility between the volunteer’s profile and the work needed on the destination so the project and the trip can be a success!
To participate, the volunteer should assume full responsibility for the data provided, accept and obey the requirements for participation on the selection process and it´s rules, explained on the following topics:
- Be a woman. Transgerders, included. No prejudice against men! This rule aims to facilitate the creation of a welcoming and opening environment where the participants will feel comfortable to talk about the female universe.
- Be over 18 years old or be in company of a legal responsible women who is also a selected volunteer;
III. Be able to work as a volunteer on the 4 workshops at communities on the Amazon, contributing to the necessary tasks and it´s well done execution. The candidates should be available to dedicate full time during the trip;
- Fill in the Intention Letter for participation in our project and submit it together with subscription file;
- Take part on a virtual interview, in case you are selected to this phase. The interviews will happen on April 16th to 18th and are a chat with a pre-selection of candidates. This interview will help us to understand who are the volunteers with the most suitable profile for the experience. We want the volunteer to add for the project and the trip to enchant the volunteer. For that, a well understanding of the expectations is fundamental!
- Agree with all the items on this document, exempting the trip organization, its partners, hirers, suppliers and supporters from any posterior charge referring to any expense or indemnity that the participant understand to have on its favor, including image rights from productions made by the project organization or by third parts authorized;
VII. Will only be considered subscribed on this recruitment process candidates who have followed the instructions on this guideline document and receive confirmation of their subscription by e-mail.
The trips will happen from June 29th to July 4th on the communities of Barcarena, Abaetetuba island and Cametá, and between July 4th to 11th on the communities of Marajó Island. Both trips will have the arrival and departure from the city of Belém, on the Pará state.
The interested candidates should make their subscription electronically here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfjBbBbi1Pva4SC1USey_6TNceoxG3-m0wG9Y4moMdWO7A3AQ/viewform
- Letter of Intention requiring subscription, describing your motivation and connecting with the projects theme, besides describing skills that could be useful for the workshop. (maximum of 2 pages).
- Application form filled in accordingly.
- SCHEDULE AND RESULTS
The volunteer selection results will be announced on April 22nd at the Instagram @donadomeufluxo and through Raízes website.
- The selected candidates will be required to send scanned copies of their personal documents (ID Card, Passport), signed and the entrance tax proof of payment (item 8) on the term of 10 working days after the results announcement. The candidate that did not present the documentation will be disqualified.
- The participation will only be confirmed if the candidate sends via email an copy of the air ticket on her name. This email must be sent until May 7th. This measure aims to guarantee for the candidates on the wait list enough time to buy air tickets to Belém on a reasonable price in advance.
|February 25th to March 31st||Applications open|
|April 10th to 12th||Online interviews|
|April 15th||Results announcement|
|April 30th||Final date to send the documentation required|
|May 15th||Final date to send the air ticket|
|June 29th to July 4th||TRIP 01|
|July 4th to 11th||TRIP 02|
The value to be paid by the selected participants will be 1.300 USD (one thousand and three hundred dollars) to be part of the Trip number 1 and 1.500 USD (one thousand and five hundred dollars) to be part of the Trip number 2.
This value will cover for the following expenses during the trip:
- Accommodation during the whole period;
- Meals on the communities;
- Transfers from Belém to the communities contemplated on the workshop and back;
- 2 T-shirts of the project;
- Trip insurance.
This value does not contemplate:
- Transportation costs from your place of origin to Belém (round trip);
- Personal expenses such as extra snacks, alcoholic beverages, handicrafts, etc.
Form of payment:
- The trip can be paid using international credit card or bank transfer until April 30th. It is fundamental to quit the trip to confirm the participation. Further information on payment will be sent to the selected participants.
IMPORTANT 1: This value includes, besides direct participant´s expenses with accommodation, food and internal transport, a contribution margin to finance the project’s logistical, communication and mobilization costs. This is a non-profit project that counts on the donation of menstrual cups by Koruí Life Cycles and many work hours from Raízes Sustainable Development’s specialists to mobilize the communities, create the women empowerment’s content, articulation and organization of the workshops. Besides the hours and materials donated we still need resources for the field trips and communication.
IMPORTANT 2: To opt to be part of a voluntourism experience is to simultaneously SIGN A VOLUNTEER WORK CONTRACT and to BUY A TRIP PACKAGE.
Will be the role of the Project’s ORGANIZATION during the trip:
- Organize the accommodation according to the conditions available on the territory context. The Organization indicates that may be some accommodations in which the offer of hot shower, conventional toilets and electrical energy will not be possible. The volunteer needs to be aware of these structural challenges and prepare for it (the project communication will provide every information needed);
- Provide transportation from the city of Belém until the communities and back to Belém on the end of the trip;
III. Provide the structure for the meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner and water for consumption during the project. Unfortunately, we still cannot provide food options that contemplate on the same way vegetarians, vegans and omnivores. Selected participants that identify with vegetarianism and veganism should be aware of possible dietary debilities.
- Provide all the information that might be necessary to maximize the chances for the experience to be beneficial for all.
IMPORTANT: THE ORGANIZATION DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for personal and valuable objects such as watches, accessories, electronic equipment’s, cellphones, tablets, computers, bank checks, credit cards, cameras, etc.
It will be responsibility of the SELECTED VOLUNTEER:
- Fill in the application on a personal and non-transferable way, following the norms and terms described on this guideline document;
- To bear the costs with transportation to Belém, as well as the return from there to their place of origin after the end of the project;
III. Provide their data authorizing the ORGANIZERS, SPONSORS, SUPPORTERS, AND PARTNERS to include on their mailing and send e-mail marketing, correspondence or promotional materials;
- Grant all the image usage rights, renouncing to receive any income that might be earned with television or any other type of transmission and/or dissemination, promotion on the internet and any media, at any time.
- Declare that the candidate’s participation on the EVENT is of her own free will, exempting from any responsibility the ORGANIZERS, DIRECTORS AND APONSORS, on her name and of her successors by filling correctly the Attachment I;
- The selected volunteer compromises on being at Belém-PA until 16h local time on June 19th (trip 1) or same time on July 4th (trip 2). At this time will begin the first activity of our journey.
- GENERAL PROVISION
To the event’s ORGANIZATION are reserved the rights to present changed on this Guidelines for technical and organizational purposes, to guarantee the accomplishment of the project Dona do Meu Fluxo – Amazon Edition 2019, or even to cancel the event in case of adverse conditions or extreme facts that prevent the realization of the event on the conditions here planned. The organization reserves itself the right to not provide any kind of information regarding the selection process, if it wishes so.
The ORGANIZATION reinforces that only SELECTED volunteers will be able to be part of the project.
If you have any doubts, contact us on email@example.com and +55112373-0036