Route of rural villages in Santo Antão
As part of the implementation of diversification and qualification policies, the Ministry of Tourism, Investment and Business Development of Cabo Verde invested in the development of entrepreneurship in rural areas of Santo Antão.
As part of the implementation of diversification and qualification policies, the Ministry of Tourism, Investment and Business Development of Cabo Verde invested in the development of entrepreneurship in rural areas of Santo Antão, the most Western island of the archipelago of Cabo Verde, best known as “The Mountains Island”.
After considering this scenario, a project called “Route of rural Villages in Santo Antão” was started. The aim was to structure and qualify business initiatives located in rural areas of the island. The idea here is to help create a better experience of tourism for local visitors and tourists from abroad.
Raízes’ role in the project started with the responsibility to carry out a selection of 30 business initiatives or innovative projects to be beneficiated by the program of MTIBD; they would be trained on “business on rural tourism”.
In the second step, those entrepreneurs had private visits from consultants that provided technical assistance, which was also coordinated by Raízes. This aimed to help the participants to apply their knowledge gained during the training sections to their daily business and to achieve real results.
- Production of educational material – Allows the implementation of other training sections in the future
- Professional training
- Development of a positive environment for the exchange of business and creative experiences
- Enhancement of natural and cultural richness of the region
- Strengthening of local entrepreneurship
- Support to the professionalization of local business
- Empowerment of entrepreneurs – Financial independence and the emergence of new spaces for creative ideas.
Number of beneficiaries
- Directly: 30 business people selected on the action launched by MTIBD
- Indirectly: Families, members and partners of the enterprises involved, regional and national government, local agencies.