During its implementation, the program fulfilled the demands of the State Governance Network, including different agencies involved with local tourism activity.
The Tourism Secretary of the State of Maranhão asked Raízes to undertake The Maranhão Tourism Development Program intending to align public policy on tourism for the State with the orientations of the Ministry of Tourism. Through the project we look to strengthen the Regional Tourism Program.
During its implementation, the program fulfilled the demands of the State Governance Network, including different agencies involved with local tourism activity. In connection with those other agents, a Strategic Map of the Tourism Secretary of the State of Maranhão was developed. This was done in order to understand the local activity of Maranhão better and to help re-think its characteristics.
This work was done with the internal network of the State Secretary and 10 agencies of local government. It coordinated management knowledge, competition on tourism and cooperation between those local leaderships and the possible client targets.
The steps of this project were:
- Studies and analysis of secondary data;
- Field visits and interviews with stakeholders. Here we seek to understand the territory from the point of view of space, shape and form;
- Checking the status of tourism governance;
- Identification of the current main supply and potential supply;
- Identification of promotional tools and marketing support actions;
- Workshops in important holiday destinations of Maranhão + the collection of territory information, supply and demand;
- Preparation of strategic plans for each main tourist destinations of the State;
- Construction of guiding elements for the institutionalization of Tourism Regionalization in the state of Maranhão
- Organizational restructuring of the Tourism Secretary of the State of Maranhão