The “Pantanal Expedition”: A project whose main purpose is to bring attention to initiatives that cooperate together for the benefit of the sustainability of the Pantanal biome.
The Institute SOS Pantanal was launched in July 2009 with the aim to inform and promote the dialogue for a sustainable Pantanal and therefore it gathers people who speak for the various sectors of society from the Pantanal region. The Institute established itself looking to “Develop changing actions that bring visibility to the biome and promote the dialogue between the different sectors of the local society for the benefit of a sustainable Pantanal”.
The Institute established itself as a partner of other projects that are active in the same area, having the purpose of being a mediator of dialogue between those sectors involved in the biome.
SOS Pantanal intends to spread their mission through clear information, reaching the main stakeholders (governments, opinion leaders, large enterprises, farmers and small landowners of the region) and the population in general, aiming to touch them with their projects and therefore producing positive impacts for the conservation and sustainable development in the Pantanal.
The main objectives of this expedition are:
- The “mapping of the local vegetation on the Upper Bay of The Paraguay River”: Study undertaken every two years by a group of partner Institutions that act in the area of that bay. The goal of this study is to establish a tool to monitor the changes in the use and occupation of the land and any influences that produced changes in the local vegetation.
- The “Pantanal Expedition”: A project whose main purpose is to bring attention to initiatives that cooperate together for the benefit of the sustainability of the Pantanal biome. It is a mapping of the initiatives that contribute to the preservation of the Upper Bay of The Paraguay River, emphasising the importance of sustainable practices and introducing them to the society and governmental organisations.
- Radio programs “Prose from Pantanal”: This project intends to bring attention to initiatives that work to promote the preservation of the Upper Paraguay Bay region, promoting initiatives that work beside environmental protection to increase societal and governmental awareness.
- Actions of “Public policies Induction”: The enforcement of measures to ensure the integrity of any new regulatory legislation for the Pantanal biome and its peculiarities.
- SOS Pantanal: http://www.sospantanal.org.br/en/pantanal-expedition/
- SOS Pantanal Videos: http://www.sospantanal.org.br/category/videos/
- Pantanal Expedition website: http://www.expedicaopantanal.org/
- SOS Pantanal Institute Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/institutosos.pantanal
- Pantanal Expedition Downloads: http://www.sospantanal.org.br/en/downloads-en/