The project looks forward to build side by side with the community of Morro d’Água Quente a program of income generating […]
Catas Altas and the District of Morro d’Água Quente are directly affected by the mining operation of Vale do Rio Doce on the area where they are located.
The local community reflects very well the positive and the negative sides of the mining activity in the area, since the gold Era of extraction of the minerals, until its decline and crisis.
Therefore, the rich architecture and historic importance constitute features that attract tourism to the area. Other things, such as the jabuticaba wine, are also symbolic for the county.
Considering this, this Project looks forward to build side by side with the community of Morro d’Água Quente a program of income generating focusing on the gastronomic characteristics. We intend to valorise the local production and give incentive to the cooperation among the inhabitants, which can develop a creative economic activity among them.
Our main public target are the women of the region, and the steps of application of our action must be:
- Mapping of potential local actors;
- Field visits and interviews with stakeholders, selecting who is interested on being part of the program;
- technical and management qualification for creating collective results;
- Inspiring actions for the entrepreneurs;
- Events to test the local suppliers;
- Development of a creative collective enterprise.
“It has improved our self-esteem!”Preta
“I am very happy with the Sabores do Morro Market. After the project I even like to read more”Glorinha – Pizzeria Ponte Nova
- Facebook Sabores do Morro: https://www.facebook.com/SaboresdoMorro/
- Vídeo Sabores do Morro: https://www.dropbox.com/home/V%C3%ADdeo%2010%20meses%205%20feiras/video_editado?preview=sabores_do_morro_10_meses.mp4